Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Surfaces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
124 Views, 1 Reply

Copying Surfaces

What's the best way to copy a surface. I need to paste surfaces and don't want to accidentally lose the edits I've already done to one surface. The help files mention checking a surface out from the associated project, but I don't find that very efficient. Why do we need to keep checking them in and out in order to do this? Why not just a right-click "Copy" like in LDT TME? -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Darron, You can copy a surface but there are some sublte behaviors that are different between "Copy" and "Crtl-C/Copy Selection". The second is basically "Wblock" behavior. There is a topic in the help file called "Supported AutoCAD Commands" that you may want to take a look at. This documents the supported AutoCAD commands and some notes as to the expected behavior for all the Civil 3D Objects. If you select the surface and use "Ctrl C or Copy Selection" and then paste it to the original coordinates, you should get a copy of the surface with all your edits preserved. However, you will also get copies of the breaklines and COGO points (if they were used in the definition) - not sure if that is what you expect. I did notice some pecular behavior if you Copy the surface and transform the location of the surface. Try this and see if you get the expected surface definition (Surface->Properties). Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:40354515$1_1@newsprd01... > What's the best way to copy a surface. I need to paste surfaces and don't > want to accidentally lose the edits I've already done to one surface. > > The help files mention checking a surface out from the associated project, > but I don't find that very efficient. Why do we need to keep checking them > in and out in order to do this? Why not just a right-click "Copy" like in > LDT TME? > > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report