Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Styles from 10 to 12

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MtnMax700
280 Views, 5 Replies

Copying Styles from 10 to 12

We did the upgrade last week and I am trying to use the drag and drop to bring styles and description keys across.  Done it many times between 10 drawings.  I am opening 2 drawings-one from 10 with everything I want and one in 12 to be my template.

Problem is I am only seeing one the current drawing when I click on TOOLSPACE.  Any ideas?

Thxs.

David

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: MtnMax700

Change the Toolspace to show Master View.

In 2012 you no longer have to drag-n-drop. Go to the Manage tab on the Ribbon, far right side is a Styles panel with an Import button....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
n2itive

I think the import styles is the way to go. However, I'm pretty sure you can still drag and drop as well (I know I can) but remember you have to have the drawings open in the same sessions of c3d. So you would have to open your 2010 dwg (with the styles you want) while in a session of 2012 and then dragg into your new 2012 dwg.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 4 of 6
MtnMax700

I had figured out the MAIN View and did it that way.  I do not have Manage on my ribbon.  Tried to put it there but do not have "panels" under the ribbon.

Thxs.

David

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

So your Ribbon doesn't look something like this? Are you starting C3D with a C3D profile? You may need to right clcik on an empty area in the ribbon and select the Tabs & Panels to show.

2-4-2013 2-22-06 PM.png

You can also just issue the command: ImportStylesAndSettings

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
MtnMax700
in reply to: Jeff_M

It's when I try to edit my "Workspace" that I don't see "panels" under "Ribbons"-yet I do see them under the main "Ribbon" list on left side.

Thxs.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report