Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying pipe data into a "regular" AutoCAD table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Steenix
1003 Views, 7 Replies

Copying pipe data into a "regular" AutoCAD table

Hello all,

I want to copy just two pieces of information from a pipe network into a table. I would just generate an automatic pipe table, but those are not editable. Does anyone know of a quick way to copy and paste the pipe lengths and names in a network into a "regular" table?

Thanks in advance,

Austin 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Steenix

copy paste from the panarama? You know it will not be dynamic, right?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 8
Steenix
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Sorry, I forgot to mention - I already tried that, but it just pastes all of the copied data into a single cell. While I could copy the information cell by cell, it seems like a real waste of time.

And yes, I know it will no longer be dynamic, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to have a "partially dynamic" table with pipe data in it.

Message 4 of 8
Mark_Castle

Maybe if you copy from panorama to Excel, and then from Excel to AutoCAD table?

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 5 of 8
Steenix
in reply to: Mark_Castle

That's the only solution I've been able to find, which we didn't want to resort to. It could be worse though, I suppose. Thanks for the prompt responses guys!

Austin

Message 6 of 8
BrianHailey

Create a report from the Toolbox on the Toolspace. Save it as a .xls file. Data link to the .xls file.

HERE

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 8
Joe-Bouza

you need to parse it. But Brian has a ggod suggestion via tool box
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 8
emelendez

Brian's method is exactly what I was thinking. Before I even watched his screen capture video (Very nice by the way Brian) those were the steps I took. The good thing about doing it his way is you can just over ride the file if things change and modify the updated excel file. Then the data link will update. it's sorta dynamic. We'll call it manually dynamic!

The question I have is why would you want to modify the pipe table? can you not create a simple pipe table that will display only the pipe lengths and pipe names? if you need to add a custom area where you can add specific notes regarding each pipe, why not add a third column to the dynamic tabel that reads the actual description of the pipe, then add whatever you want to the description of each pipe.

Capture.PNG

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report