Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Layouts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nostupidquestions
310 Views, 6 Replies

Copying Layouts

I'm trying to copy a layout tab which I've done a million times. For some reason when I do one of the viewports is erased. Also the layout isn't zoomed to where the original layout was. I pick 'copy' and 'move to end'. The new layout should look exactly lie the previous one but i have to do a zoom extents to see the new one. Any clues?

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Thats bizzar.

every drawing file or this one in particular?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

the drawings were created by another company but it seems to happen in all their drawings. it doesn't happen in my drawings. actually what it does is create a new viewport with the layout but it erases one of the existing ones. my settings have the 'create viewport with new layout' switched off. 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 7

At least you know it is drawing specific.

My setting have create vp with new layout but when I copy it does just that.

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
SurveyorLee
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I would check my USCFollow variable

Message 6 of 7

Check the MAXACTVP sysvar. The default is 64 but it may have been set lower in those drawings. Unless they have more than 64 viewports.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

I've been finding that some of my viewports act up if the original drawing was created in a previous version prior to 2015.

What I have been doing is drawing a polyline for a new viewport approx. over the old one and doing a viewport clip and I never have a problem after that.

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report