Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying data shortcuts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wvyhonsky
330 Views, 3 Replies

Copying data shortcuts

I'm looking for a clean way to associate a newer / copied version of data shortcuts to an existing drawing.   A lot of times we will do an overall set of plans first, then take them and create separate smaller more detailed sets based on the overall, while keeping the overall set and data as is. 

The way I have been doing it is temporarily renaming the original drawing that the data is in so that it will prompt me that the data shortcuts are missing, and I select the new drawing.  It just seems like there would be a better way to do that? 

Thanks, Bill

C3D 2014

SP1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Nik-D
in reply to: wvyhonsky

Hi Bill

I have found that if I am importing a surface for example 'SURVEY" into a drawing then what i do is call it 'SURVEY DREF'. I then create a separate surface called 'SURVEY' and paste the SURVEY DREF into SURVEY.

I then use the SURVEY drawing as my surface for grading etc.

The reason for this is so that if my SURVEY DREF changes then all i have to do is delete it and paste my new surface into SURVEY. all my gradings etc will update automatically as they still reference the same surface.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: wvyhonsky

You can use the DataShortcut Editor.

It is located in the Windows Start menu/ Civil 3D folder. With this you can remap the shortcuts.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
wvyhonsky
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I looked there and maybe I'm not seeing that option.  I already have the new data shortcuts created in a new project.  I want to associate the new data shortcuts with the same name to a "copied" drawing that had the original data references.  The "copied" drawing is still gettting the data reference from the original shortcut.

Bill  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report