Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy surface spot elevations

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Joe-Bouza
800 Views, 9 Replies

Copy surface spot elevations

This has been anoying me for sometime: in 2012 I can no long grip a spot elevation RC copy. It just ignores it an moves it to the new location.

Is there a setting I might have to re-set?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have had issues once in a wil coping note labels and similar objects. Typically I can work around the issue by issuing the copy command prior to selection.

Just out of curiosity, do you have QuickProps on? If so I would like to know if the issue still exists if you turn it off. Randy had a recent post linking a Ribbon command execution issue with quickporps on.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks, I uss that work around after I automatically grip copy first. You know that definition of insanity? ...repeat bla blah and expecting a different outcome:)

No quik props on

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
jmayo-EE

Well with Seinfeld type humor I will say don't worry about going nuts. You won't know it when you get there. 🙂 Sent from my iPhone

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

That post took 6 days to get from my phone to this board...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
mattwhite6085

As an extension of this problem, when you successfully copy the spot elevation have you every had it create a duplicate surface?  Had a drafter copy/pasting elevation labels on a data referenced FG in a Plan-sheet drawing.  He ended up with 5 Finished Ground surfaces in that drawing, wondering, "Why is this stupid drawing so slow?!?"  and "Why don't these spot elevations show up in this viewport?" (because one of the surfaces was not on the same layer as the other 4.) 

Message 7 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: mattwhite6085

That would happen if he copied and pasted the label from another drawing. Anytime you copy and paste a C3D object between drawings, it's dependencies get copied with it.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 10
mattwhite6085
in reply to: Neilw_05

SAME DRAWING
Message 9 of 10
Neilw_05

In that case I would first verify the labels are referencing the surface you want them to use. Once that is done, see if the surfaces become deletable when you select and rt click in prospector. If you do not get a delete option then something else is referencing them. You can make a copy of the drawing and start erasing stuff until you eliminate the references. Once you figure out what is referencing them, that is likely a culprit. Another thing to try is create some new labels with a different style and see if that causes the behavior. It may be something in the style.

These are just a few basic troubleshooting techniques to try. You likely can think of more.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 10 of 10
jmayo-EE

Autocad copy would be a better choice then the clipboard copy functions if your in the same dwg 

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report