Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy parts list to another file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rcallison
6855 Views, 7 Replies

Copy parts list to another file

I am trying to copy a pipe parts list to another drawing.  I open both drawings and drag and drop. The original parts list is not showing in the second drawing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: rcallison

@rcallison wrote:

I am trying to copy a pipe parts list to another drawing.  I open both drawings and drag and drop. The original parts list is not showing in the second drawing.

Which version?

Is this a Gravity Pipe Networks Parts List?

When you say you "open both drawings and drag and drop".

Do you mean both drawings are opened in a single session of Civil 3D and set to Master View on Settings Tab of Toolspace?

With Target drawing as active drawing window and dragging desired parts list name from the Pipe Networks>Parts List>part list name onto the active window?

This way has always worked for me.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
Christine.Austin
in reply to: Jay_B

I've tried this on C3D 2014 and I can't get it to work. It's the storm sewer pipe network that I am trying to copy. Any ideas?
Message 4 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Christine.Austin

@Christine.Austin wrote:
I've tried this on C3D 2014 and I can't get it to work. It's the storm sewer pipe network that I am trying to copy. Any ideas?

Welcome to the Forums!

Are you trying to copy the actual Pipe Network itself from the Prospector>Pipe Networks> from dwg A to dwg B?

If yes, this is not possible, this thread is referring to the Parts List found on the Settings Tab.

A Pipe Network may be data referenced to another drawing.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 8
Christine.Austin
in reply to: Jay_B

No sorry, I meant the parts list

Message 6 of 8

I got it sorted, it was because I had 2 instances of Civil 3D open and not  the 2 drawings in one instance!

Message 7 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Christine.Austin

Just tested it using 2014 SP1 and works as expected here.

Can you please provide your exact steps used when attempting to copy the Parts List from drawing A to drawinng B?

Steps used here were as outlined in my OP.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 8

I got it sorted. It was because I was trying to copy between two instances of civil 3D instead of 2 drawings within one instance. Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report