Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy existing ground profile problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cnewell
1353 Views, 4 Replies

copy existing ground profile problem

I think I am just missing something here.

I am trying to copy my existing ground profile multiple times and lower each one to a different depth for laying out a path for a horizontal directional drill.

After setting it temporarily to static, I can copy the profile no problem using the copy profile command in the edit profile geometry tool bar. I can then easily lower it using raise/lower pvi's. I can do this multiple times without an issue. I then set the original existing ground profile back to dynamic but leave the copies at static (I have also tried setting them to dynamic as well with the same result). Everything is all fine and dandy working just the way I want until I save the drawing, close it, then re-open it.  When I open the drawing all of the copied profiles have gone back to the original ground surface and are on top of the existing ground profile.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but the surface that is being used to cut the profile is through a data shortcut. Am I missing something here or is this normal?

I am using Civil 3D 2014 w/SP2 installed.

Thank you,

Chris

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: cnewell

Make a empty surface for each depth and paste EG into them. The Modify>> edit surface>> raise lower <amount desired>

dor this to each, then add the surface profile to your view. Now if/when you HDD path is revised you srface profiles will be dynamic

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hello,

Not sure if this post is dead and forgotten, but I’d like some help on the same topic.  While I initially made a new surface, pasted EG into it and lowered it to create a lowered profile in my profile view (in my case, to show frost depth), the new surfaces are difficult for my computer to handle.  The EG is data referenced in so I suppose I could also have the lowered surface(s) in another drawing and date shortcut those in as well.  I was ecstatic to see the profile copy as described by the initial poster, yet I never made it to closing the drawing and reopening as when I saved the drawing after making the profile copies, I would get "warning multiply owned object".  I suppose this issue is moot if in fact the copied profiles revert back to the original EG profile elevations. Any thoughts or is pasting and lowering the surface the only way to show a profile parallel to another profile in a profile view?

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

The MOO is usually associated with a file with a bad grading object in it. WBLOCKing and audit purge and reconstructing the file usually helps.

Your EG must be a monter.
If you create your strata surface and turn off automatic rebuild it should help.

First get the file cleaned of the MOP

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Moo

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report