Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY command won't multiple copy when executed with ACAD.PGP shortcut in C3D2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.lower
6988 Views, 5 Replies

COPY command won't multiple copy when executed with ACAD.PGP shortcut in C3D2011

I recently upgraded to Civil 3D 2011 from C3D2010. I have used the same ACAD.PGP file for years that includes the shortcut C for the COPY command. Up until C3D2011 this would always allow me to copy an entity multiple times, (the default when COPYMODE is set to 0).

I am running C3D2011 64bit on WIN 7 64bit OS. It happens with other commands too that use a dialog box normally, i.e. INSERT - it only brings up the command line version of it.

Does anyone know what causes this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: david.lower

I'm not sure about the copy issue. I do not have the issue using an alias for copy.

For commands that are running in command line mode, type cmddia at the command line and make sure it is set to 1.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: david.lower

Enter the Copy command and select an object to copy. Type O to see what mode (Single/Multiple)Copy is in.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
david.lower
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thank you very much for your suggestions, they are good things to look at, but all is well on those fronts:

Command: cmddia

Enter new value for CMDDIA <1>: *Cancel*

Command: copy

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Current settings:  Copy mode = Multiple
Specify base point or [Displacement/mOde] <Displacement>: o
Enter a copy mode option [Single/Multiple] <Multiple>:

Message 5 of 6

I had the same problem in Civil 3D and this is how I fixed it:

* In Command line type in OPTIONS.

* Click SELECTION tab.

* Under Selection Modes, UNCHECK the "Use shift to add to selection" box.

JHB

Message 6 of 6
ccg
Participant
in reply to: jhernandez-barrow

Great suggestion JHB ! Thanks -
Sorted out my problem I was having with various commands, as expected with this option checked, but can't understand how it became activated in the first place 🙂 All good, Ray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report