Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY A FIGURE?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shannyb433
2033 Views, 4 Replies

COPY A FIGURE?

I seem to be unable to use the reverse command on a figure. Is this true? When using the measure command to apply a hatch indicator on edges of roads they are coming in on the wrong side of the line. I have little experience with this Civil3d and cannot figure out how to make this work on a figure line. I tried copying the figure, setting the elevation to 0 and exploding in hopes I could hatch the poly line and then discard the line and keep the hatch...

This doesnt work as it seems you cannot CO a figure? Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DRW_CAD
in reply to: shannyb433

I don't think you can copy a figure which makes it a pain. If you explode they will be a 3D poly & you can then covert them to 2D via the grading menu, polyline utilities or use the elevation editor to set a constant elevation on the figure & then when you explode, it's 2D & curves are retained.

I think figures are a pain in the but. But, the best way to do what you are trying to do if I understand you correctly, would be to create a linetype for your pavement hatch mark & assign it to the EOP layer & then map your EOP code to that layer in the figure prefix library. Then just leave them as figures. As much I dislike figures, it's easier to work with them than against them

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

Or make another block that's rotated 180.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
Sinc

REVERSEFEATURE (aka the Reverse tool in either the Feature Lines or Survey Figure "Edit Geometry" tools) should work on Survey Figures.

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
Cadguru42

I have "copied" a figure by doing a stepped offset on a figure that is 1' left or right, then doing the same thing back on the feature line.  This will create a feature line on top of the original figure.  You can then convert the feature line to a figure and erase the figure, then bring the figure back into the drawing.  That's about the only way I know of how to copy one.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report