Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooridor Targets

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
StephenP9
635 Views, 9 Replies

Cooridor Targets

In the attachment you can see I have three cooridors created. One for my main road and two for my curb returns leading into my parking lot. Can anybody give some insight on how to tagets these cooridors too the two YELLOW lines I have highlights? I want these curb returns to tie in nicely with my other cooridor and parking lot.

Thank you,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
doni49
in reply to: StephenP9

I think you were on the right track in your other thread by using the Intersection Wizard and Steve explained HOW to use the wizard.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/cooridors-amp-intersections/m-p/5315765#U5315...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 10
StephenP9
in reply to: doni49

Yes Steve explained creating alignments for my curb returns and creating cooridors out of them as I did. What I am stuck on is triming the cooridors to tie in with primary road cooridor and my parking lot. I need extract the edge of pavement feature lines from my cooridor and parking lot and have the entrance cooirdors target those to make all this work together. Exactly how to go about targeting the feature lines is where i'm having a problem.

Message 4 of 10
StephenP9

To further explain the issue i am having,

First - I created A proposed Rd. (Worked out great)

Second - I created two curb return alignments tying into the right elevations of my proposed cooridor and parking lot.

Now, the cooridors I created for my curb returns have one region each. I have a centerline alignment for the entrance of my parking lot and extracted the feature lines that are the edge of pavement.

I'm stuck on what will target what in order to have clean transitions from my proposed road to my proposed parking lot?

Message 5 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Steve didn't say to create 3 corridors, that's contributing to your issue.  One corridor, 3 baselines (alignments).

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 10
StephenP9
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Create alignments and design profiles for each of the returns. Your assembly for this will include a curb and daylight on one side, and a lane sub on the other side. In your corridor the lane sub will be targeted to the centerline of the entrance road, and the featureline that defines the edge of the parking lot.

Sorry as I'm self teaching myself how to use Civil 3D. From what I gathered I had to create alignments for my curb returns (done), create an assembly that will follow the alignmnets with the proper sub-assemblies (done). Than he continues to say in your cooridor the lane sub will be targeted to the centerline. Now correct me if im wrong but dont you need to create a cooridor to attach an assembly to an alignment? Which is what I have done. I thought you could create multiply cooridors and create a final surface by pasting each surface together. I thought there would be way to target a extracted feature line from another cooridor.

Message 7 of 10
doni49

You're still trying to do it manually.  Start with the intersection wizard (first screenshot).  It will create a corridor for the intersection.  It will also have corridors include the baselines for the two roads.  Add regions for those two roads so that you get the coverage you need.

IntersectionWizard.png

I created a quick example of what this would look like.  It DOES NOT use any real data so don't expect the intersection to look great.  But take note of the way the corridor contains multiple baselines.

EDIT:  also note that the wizard CREATED the curb return alignments FOR ME -- I did not create them.

CorridorMultipleBaselines.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

in the corridor paramters , select targets. in there you can picke the targets for the requsite subassemblies, but first you have to extract the FL from the main cooridor.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
sboon
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I gave a basic answer last night, half expecting to come back today and answer more questions.  In the meantime everybody has piled on and apparently solved the problem.

Smiley Happy  I love this place.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 10 of 10
tcorey

This primer on how to manually create an intersection might help you understand what is required:

http://timsc3dblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/corridor-intersection-primer-manually.html

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report