Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate Transformation problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
l_canning
448 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate Transformation problem

I am using civil 35 2013. I have a drawing in NAD83 3tm centered on 111d meridian. I have recieved Lidar informnation  in XYZ format but at UTM zone 12 metric co-ordinates. When i try to create a point cloud using all the infomation it brings in the point cloud at the UTM co-ordinates. If you check the properties of the point cloud the co-ordinate system for the drawings correct but the cload shows up as none. I had this problem with civil 11 and 12. I can bring in the points in a UTM drawing and quaery the linework to match, but can not transform points to linework.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ericcollins6932
in reply to: l_canning

Ensure you choose coordinate system when importing lidar and your dwg is set properly to 3tm which may not be in the list?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 3
l_canning
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Problem Solved. (by Cansel Civil Goru) The file to be imported, and the cloud data base to be created must be at the same co-ordinated system (original) and drawing set to the new co-ordinate system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report