Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate system of Civil3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bingeomatics
499 Views, 4 Replies

Coordinate system of Civil3D

Hi, colleagues!

I can not change coordinate systems of Surface models and COGO points. Why? And is there any way to do it?

Binnat Khalilov
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: bingeomatics

That's one of the biggest faults of Civil 3D. Most of the coordinate system control is through Map 3D and Map will not handle Civil 3D objects. I believe you might be able to do something by exporting the Points and Surface to LandXML and importing them in to a new drawing. I pretty much only use CorpsCon for transforming Points.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
bingeomatics
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you very much! I wil try you that method. But, what is CorpsCon?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: bingeomatics

It may not apply to you if you're not in North America, but there may be the equivalent in your area. CorpsCon is a free program by the US Army Corps of Engineers. The files it uses for transformation are the ones Autodesk includes with Map and Civil. I export point files, use CorpsCon to transform them and then Import them. One great thing is that it handles all the vertical transformations very well.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
bingeomatics
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you, Allen, for informations. Smiley Happy

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report