Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate System not assigned in C3D 2013!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
byrons
3555 Views, 5 Replies

Coordinate System not assigned in C3D 2013!

Hoping someone has seen this before...

When assigning a coordinate system to my drawing in Civil 3D 2013, the drawing does not retain the selected system.

I choose the coord system I want in Map Setup and apply it (in this case MT83IF). After applying to the drawing I go back to verify the selected coordinate system and the dialog box indicates "N/A". The only workaround I can find is to save the drawing back to an earlier version and open it on another computer in the office that is running 2011. There I can assign my coord system and then reopen in 2013 where it now shows it properly assigned.

I have tried other coord systems to make sure it isn't isolated to just the one I am selecting - and it happens with all others I try. I have also tried a repair on my install to see if that would correct it to no avail.

I have a 64 bit system and have installed all service packs to date.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Byron.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: byrons

byrons,

even though civil 3D has components of map included in the package, some map functions do not work correctly.   And this is one of them.

if you want to set the coordinate system in Civil 3D goto the settings tab and right click on your drawing in master view and select edit drawing settings.

from there make sure your in the units and zone tab and set the coordinate system from there.

this will not help with any map3d commands,  So if you wanted to use this map funcionality you may be out of luck.   It will still not show up correctly in the map commands but C3D commands and object will respond to the coordinate system.

You might try closing C3D and opening Map as C3D or Autocad as C3D which should take a C3D license but allow you to work with only Map commands and or only autocad commands.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: dgordon

On a side note this proceedure did work in 2011, so I guess the more map 3d and C3D get developed seperately the more functionality that continues to be incompatible.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 6
byrons
in reply to: byrons

Thanks Dan!

Didn't know about this option for setting the coord system. Worked Great!!

Too bad we can't slow down the constantly evolving autodesk machine. The nice little functions that have worked for years are always getting tweaked into oblivion by this need to justify a new release.

Cheers!

Byron

Message 5 of 6
k.lew
in reply to: dgordon

I know this is an old post, but I'm running into this issue is Civil 2014.  I don't use map3d functions. I set the coordinate system via "toolspace" command > drawing settings > zone.  Apply and okay, but then the coordinate system is gone.  Civil 2012 does this just fine but it seems Civil 2014 will not retain the coordinate system.  Anybody know how to fix this??

Message 6 of 6
byrons
in reply to: k.lew

I am still running C3D 2013, so I cant speak to the issues with 2014. However, I will ask if you have tried going through the coordinate system settings via the map functions?

Hope someone else chimes in with more experience with this issue.

Good luck!

Byron.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report