Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Points Error Message= Invalid Selection Set!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ryan28367
7888 Views, 4 Replies

Converting Points Error Message= Invalid Selection Set!

I have a baseplan I was sent for senior design project and it was previously created in an earlier version of autocad. However Im not sure which version it was created in. There are almost 3000 points and contours but I can not use these points to create a surface. I am ultimately trying to create a surface and then a profile for a road to design vertical curves throughtout. If anyone could help that would be great!! I have attached the baseplan if anyone could check it out. Thanks again 

I cut out a few points and copied them into a new drawing due to the size of the actual file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: ryan28367

Those "Points" are actually AutoCAD Blocks. Luckily, they are at correct elevations, so they are usable.

If you have not already, create a new TIN surface.

On the drawing screen, isolate those blocks.

On the Prospector, expand Surfaces, expand your surface, expand Definition, right click on Drawing Ojbects, pick Add.... From the dropdown list for Object Type, select Blocks. Pick the point blocks.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
odoshi
in reply to: ryan28367

All of the points are represented by blocks and text. You can use the blocks to build the surface.

Create a new surface in Prospector.

Go to Definition > Drawing Objects > Right click and Add; Choose and object type of Blocks.

Regards,

Mike

www.whitemountaincad.com

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 4 of 5
kokij
in reply to: tcorey

hello, i also have a similar problem and i tried the method you proffered and when i selected the block,they didnt highlight.

Message 5 of 5
ma1982
in reply to: kokij

I have the same problem although i converted the block to point from block editor but i still have that invalid selection set error message

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report