Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting LDD to civil 3d shortcuts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
421 Views, 2 Replies

converting LDD to civil 3d shortcuts

Hi All and thank you up front for any guidance here!

I have recently been given the task of converting over a fairly large LDD project into C3D.  So far it is easy enough with the standard convert tools, but I need to take it just one step further and recreate their finished grade surfaces.  In order to do this I will need to convert the numerous cross section templates as well as build corridors from the alignments, profiles, and assemblies.  I haven't found a way to convert the cross section templates at all.  Before I begin recreating them manually, I thought I would check in with the community to see if anyone has suggestions?  Also, once I have the assemblies, does anyone have good suggestions on replicating the LDD finished grade surfaces?  I just have a sneaking suspicion that from this point on, it's basically starting from scratch and there are no tools to convert or streamline anymore.

Thanks again for help!!

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm fairly certain that you're at the limit of what can be done with the built in conversion tools.  The process for creating assemblies and corridors is entirely different than the old LDT method.  The only thing I can suggest is that you import the finished surface from Land Desktop as a reference, so that you can see it in your sections and the corridor view/editor to check your work.

edit - One other thing to consider is whether you need all of the old templates or not.  You may be able to use corridor targeting to change widths and slopes etc. rather than needing separate assemblies, as you would have in the old days.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

I think you're right, but I was  just hoping someone ran into a better solution.  maybe even third party software.  I think I just have to bite the bullet though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report