Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Civil3d 2010 to Microstation V8

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
_Hathaway
4335 Views, 45 Replies

Converting Civil3d 2010 to Microstation V8

We have a topo project that requires all files and surface data to be delivered in Microstation V8 version.  Currenly we are using Civil3d 2010 (we have 2011 and 2012 too, just havent implemented them yet).

We have done some initial exporting tests and things appear to show up correctly in Microstation. However, we do not have much background in Microstation and I fear we may be missing something.  What is the best way to export the surface to a usable microstation v8 format?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
AllenJessup
in reply to: GonePhishing

Not sure. But this might give you a clue.

Customizing the Import and Export .ini Files

Some of the defaults for import and export settings are stored in .ini (initialization) files. When you use a new format with AutoCAD Map 3D, the information about that format is added automatically to the .ini files. However, in some instances, you may want to modify these files yourself. In addition, you can set some formatting options in these files.

You can modify the following .ini files:

• mapexport.ini — Set options to export a file-based format as a folder based format (which is especially useful for Shapefiles); to specify how to segment arcs and circles; to define the default seed file for exporting DGN files (which determines defaults such as units of measure and 2D vs. 3D); and to specify language encoding settings for exporting GML data in Asian languages.
  • mapimport.ini — Set options to use for file or folder selection; to set default import options for DGN; to import object colors to their RGB (True Color) equivalent; and to specify language encoding settings for importing GML data in Asian languages.
  • mapforeignfileproperties.ini — Set options to specify linetype, line weight, font, and justification.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 42 of 46
GonePhishing
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks Allen -

I appreciate pointing me in the right direction.  Will give the .ini settings a shot & see if it 'fixes' the linetypes.

As for my last post, some frozen layers get turned on in the conversion & font sizes also get scaled up & down.

Has anyone else has this happen during the V8i conversion?

Thanks again.

-Ron Dalton

Message 43 of 46
jmayo-EE

Hey Allen. Do you know if the Export to dwg command uses these files?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 44 of 46
AllenJessup
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John,

Not to my knowledge. I only know just enough about these files to know they exist. Haven't played with them in years.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 45 of 46
jmayo-EE

While we're on this topic the help documents are out of date and show a file location to a C:\Documents and Setings path... I found these files in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013 path but this path is not in my AutoCAD SUpport files path.., Can anyone confirm the correct location using Win 7?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 46 of 46
AllenJessup
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I have:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014

And

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD Utility Design 2014\R19.1 and

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\R19.1

IDSP 2014 on Win 7 Pro.

(filefind "MapExport.ini") in C3D 2014 finds none of those. So I think you'd have to add the path to the Support File path to use them.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report