Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Point Elevations - NAD27 to NAD 83

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rhdins
2042 Views, 5 Replies

Convert Point Elevations - NAD27 to NAD 83

I have some points in NAD83. I know how to convert their location to NAD27 (need to do this to match some old data), but how can I convert the elevations to match?

So, I think it would actually be a conversion between NGVD 29 and NAVD88, right? Anyway, I know the conversion isn't the same everywhere because of differences in the geoid or whatever, but wouldn't it be pretty close to the same in one area of a city?

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: rhdins

you can use Corpscon (http://crunch.tec.army.mil/software/corpscon/corpscon.html) ton find the elevation difference between NGVD29 and NAVD88 datums in your area of interest (using lat long or Northing-Easting of your project area), then right click points group>edit points, in the panorama, CTRL+A to select all your points,then right click anywhere on the table area, select Datum, and type the elevation difference between the datums (be careful if you need to add or subtract).

Message 3 of 6
rhdins
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I found that Vertcon will do what I want.  There is also a Vertcon plugin for Google Earth that works pretty well.  I was able to use that to get what I need.

Message 4 of 6
Hidden_Brain

I am sure you are aware, Corpscon uses Vertcon to do vertical datum conversions, based on your location (lat long).
Message 5 of 6
rhdins
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I was aware of that.  The Google Earth plugin was pretty easy to use, so I used that.

Message 6 of 6
Hidden_Brain

nice! now i have to google and find the GE Vertcon plugin. you learn something new every day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report