Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Global Coordinate System Setup

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
liviac
2769 Views, 4 Replies

Conversion Global Coordinate System Setup

Hi! I'm would like to know about conversion for those Global Coordinate System . For example : (Country : Australia , region Perth) I have AHD PCG94 Coordinate system as follow [ 44650.59 E , 202428.59 N ] & [ 44673.43 E, 202414.57 N ] . How to convert those coordinate system to suit the object into my current drawing with MGA94 (Zone 50) with Civil 3D software ? Or AutoCAD MAP which partially integrate in Civil 3D might help with this ?Please advise soon thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AussieHans
in reply to: liviac

You cannot convert from older systems to MGA94 using Civil3D straight off. You will need common points in both systems to set that up.
Message 3 of 5
liviac

I'm not really understand how it's work with common point setup. Please advise for this matters. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
AussieHans

You need at least two points where you know the coordinates of each point in both systems. Under Toolspace - Settings tab - right click the drawing name -edit drawing settings Transformation tab, you type in the Grid coordinates and Local coordinates of one point which you set as the reference point. Then you specify the second point as your rotation point, and enter the coordinates for that point in both systems. Civil3D can then calculate a transformation between these two systems. The Local Northing and Local Easting are your AutoCAD world coordinates. This is unfortunate. You cannot use the Grid Coordinate system to design in if you apply the transformation functionality of Civil3D. Message was edited by: Hans Moller
Message 5 of 5
ahibbert
in reply to: AussieHans

Sorry to the Mods for resurrecting an old thread.

Has anyone been successfull in creating PCG94 Coordinate Zone in Civil 3D?

All the info needed is here: http://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf/web/Project+Grids but I can't seem to get it to work.

Once I do get the new Cooridinate Zone into Civil 3D, transforming to MGA should be easy (????).

PCG94 is based on GDA94 and is easily transformed using other design software.  The other software first transforms the PCG94 drawing to Lat/Long then from Lat/Long to MGA.

There is even spreadsheet's here that can do it:  http://www.ga.gov.au/earth-monitoring/geodesy/geodetic-techniques/calculation-methods.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report