Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control slope patterns

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Robert_Eriksson
1167 Views, 6 Replies

Control slope patterns

Hi!

Im having problems to controll the slopepatterns. This is espacially visible i corners where the slopepatterns distance is very small. I have tried to fix this in the editslopepattern put i cant get it right. I would like to have my slopepatern every 5 meters. This cant be to hard to fix, rigth?

Im attaching a image to show my problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Robert_Eriksson

Is your question of frequency or the irregular daylight line?

I could be wrong but I belive the slope pattern is controled by 1. the number of elevation points in the governing FL. or 2. the tesselation settings of the grading.

try going to the grading group props, make the tessealtion number higher and move the governing FL in place i.e. from 0,0,0, to 0,0,0

if its the irregular dalight, then it is what it is, unless eg is wrong? You can move the DL line to another site, clean it up and add back to the surface. of course the slope woul technically vary now.
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 7
Robert_Eriksson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The irregular daylight is correct, since the ground is irregular the daylight projection will be irregular. The question is regarding the slope patern, i would like it to be a consant difference between the slope marks not i every elevation point or something that is connected to the tessalation settings.

My idea is that this is only important when creating triangels, but the slope marks must be seperated from this, or is it?

Im attaching another picture to show my problem.

/Robert

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

I think I am wrong about the tesselation control ( it does control triangulation thought) So I'm pretty sure you get one slope patt per elev point. Do you have to show the slope pattern? weeding may be the only answer
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 7
Robert_Eriksson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I would like to create a drawing that is readeable on papper aswell, that i dont think this is.

Weeding isnt helping, aspecially since some of my featurelines is a part of a grading and isnt editable.

So anyone got an idea of how to change the slope pattern?

/Robert

Message 6 of 7
mark_cv3d

Hej,

Samma problem här, det verkar bli en släntlinje vid varje höjdpunkt i en featureline. Dåligt att det ska vara så svårt ... Du har inte hittat någon lösning?

Message 7 of 7

Nej har inte hittat någon lösning, som det är nu får jag ta och exportera featurlinesen och sedan rita ut släntmarkeringar från polylinjerna. Känns som en omväg som är helt onödig när jag redan har fått ut släntmarkeringar fast med "fel" avstånd.

No i havent found any solution yet, as it is right now i have to export my featurlines och draw sloppatterns from my polylines by hand. Feel as a unnessasary detour since i already got my slope patterns but with the "wrong" distance between them

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report