Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Click

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lambertb
6044 Views, 5 Replies

Control Click

First time user and poster. I am working through the Mastering 2011 book. I am trying to create an alignment on top of a polyline. The book says do a control +click to make the pick activate the alignment segment and not the polyline. I can't seem to get this to work. Any other tricks? (It is CH7, p257 if you have used the book). I included a movie of various clicks. Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: lambertb

Hi lambertb-

If you just want to select the alignment, you can expand Alignments in Prospector, select the alignment in question, right click, and click SELECT.

1198iA3147C7FACED2CAC

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
lambertb
in reply to: SethHall

I am using the floating curve tool to add a curve to a tangent. The tangent was drawn over a poly line. When I try to create the curve I get the "Selected entity must be part of the main entity." error. It says use control+click to select the alignment and not the polyline.

When I delete the polyline I can select the tangent and use the floating curve command.

Is there a way to make sure I select the main entity (alignment) when there is a polyline below it? The zip file has a video showing how I am trying to click.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 6
wfberry

I always keep a toolbar available (regular Autocad) that has draworder available.  (i.e., Modify II).  You can always send the top entity below the one you are wanting. (Send to back).

Bill

Message 5 of 6
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: wfberry

SHIFT + SPACE is your friend, learn it, use it, love it 🙂

Hover over the "stacked" items and hold down shift and toggle the spacebar button, it will cycle through all of the stacked objects and just pick the one you want 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

New in 2011, from "Basic" autocad - selection cycling - check that you have the right-most icon (or "SC" if you prefer text) in the status bar turned on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report