Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contours disappear in flat areas when contour interval is changed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
apascavage
437 Views, 2 Replies

contours disappear in flat areas when contour interval is changed

To all:

I am recreating and checking a detention pond  that is surrounded by an earthen berm that is flat on the top.  The surface I recreated was generated from 3D Faces as I only had triangles and a boundary to use to regenerate the surface.

When I change the surface style so that I see 0.1 minor contours and 0.5 major contours, I lose the contour at the top of the pond which is at 616.5 all the way around.  When I switch the contour interval to 0.5 (minor) and 1.0 (major), the 616.5 contour magically appears!  Note that the base elevation is set to 0.00.

If I add a grade break line at elevation 616.55 in the middle of the top of the berm, the 616.5 contour appears with the 0.1/0.5 contour interval.  But I am not at liberty to add any grade break lines as I am only checking the work.  Besides, I can get the contour to show at a different interval, but it is not at the desired interval.

Any help is most appreciated.

AL P.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
C3D_User
in reply to: apascavage

I know exactly what you mean, as I have ran into the same situation.  You nailed it by saying adding a breakline/grade break line at 616.55; intead of that do one at 616.51.  Your not changing the surface that dramatically.    

Message 3 of 3
nbrimer
in reply to: apascavage

@apascavage wrote:

When I change the surface style so that I see 0.1 minor contours and 0.5 major contours, I lose the contour at the top of the pond which is at 616.5 all the way around.  When I switch the contour interval to 0.5 (minor) and 1.0 (major), the 616.5 contour magically appears!  Note that the base elevation is set to 0.00.

If I add a grade break line at elevation 616.55 in the middle of the top of the berm, the 616.5 contour appears with the 0.1/0.5 contour interval.  But I am not at liberty to add any grade break lines as I am only checking the work.  Besides, I can get the contour to show at a different interval, but it is not at the desired interval.

Any help is most appreciated.

AL P.

The reason that it doesn't show at the interval without that brake line is because your setting the interval at a whole numbers 1 & 5. Also if you want to show the top of the berm elevation without a contour showing it you could also use the point spot lable at a few places around the pond so you can truly say you did not change anything

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report