Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contours disappear in civil 3D 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
daniel
539 Views, 5 Replies

Contours disappear in civil 3D 2010

While working in a drawing with civil 3D points and a surface created from those points, once in a while the contours will disappear. The contours disappear during any number of different commands, so it doesn't seem to be linked to a specific set of commands. If we save the drawing, close it, and then open it back up the contours are there with no problems. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if so is there a fix for it beyond closing and reopening the drawing. We are using Civil 3D 2010 in our office, and all of the current updates.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: daniel

I do not remember if "LevelOfDetail" was a command in 2010 but that could cause it.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
Nik-D

I take it that the contours stay vanished after regenerating the drawing? Do they reappear if you type PLAN, <ENTER>, <ENTER>?

Message 4 of 6
daniel
in reply to: Nik-D

Yes the contours stay vanished after regenerating the drawing. In regards to the PLAN command, I'll have to give that a try the next time it happens. 

Message 5 of 6
daniel
in reply to: wfberry

I just tried plugging the LevelOfDetail command into 2010, and it gave me the error of "unknown command", but thank you for the suggestion.

Message 6 of 6
andrewpuller3811

We used to have the same problem in 2010.

Save, close, reopen was the same workaround we used too.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report