Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Texts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
windycityengineer
727 Views, 4 Replies

Contour Texts

The contour lines themselves are in model space. The contour texts are in paper space. How do I make the line hide under the  text? I have attached of a similar drawing done by someone else. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

WindyCityEngineer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: windycityengineer

You are in an unusual situation to have the contour labels in paper space.

However, you could consider using wipeouts, although I generally despise them.  My preffered option would be to use the background mask option in Mtext.

If this text is actually Mtext, you can select them all, go to your properties, and add the background mask. I like a factor  or 1.05, and be sure to select 'Use background color'.mask.png

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
troma

If your text is regular TEXT, not MTEXT, you need to convert it first.  The Express tool will do that, but you have to run it one by one, or it will combine all the labels into one piece of MTEXT.

The attached lisp will convert all the selected regular TEXT into MTEXT, leaving them as separate entities.  Be sure to set the Mtext width to zero after you convert, and then set the background mask.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
dgordon

Since we are using civil 3d software why not use the contour lines to create a surface and use C3D contour lables to lable the contour lines.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dgordon

Very diplomatic of you , Dan Smiley Wink my thoughts were in other arena's

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report