Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Line Labels

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JeffCamarena
755 Views, 12 Replies

Contour Line Labels

I have my existing surface data referenced into my production drawing. I am trying to label the existing surface contour lines in the production drawing. I only have one surface in this drawing right now, so, I don't believe this is a multiple surface issue. When I try to add single and multiple contour labels to the existing surface, I cannot select a contour line. I try to click on a contour line, using osnap, and I just keep getting prompted to pick a contour line.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: JeffCamarena

Try closing and re-starting Civil 3D.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
JeffCamarena

Thanks. I did, to no avail.

Message 4 of 13
troma

Check the label style you are using.  Is it set to display?  Or is it hidden?  What layers is it using?

Generally a good test is turn all layers ON & THAWED.  Do a regen.  See if maybe there are some labels there.

Also check the annotation scale.  It's possible they're coming in so tiny you don't see them.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 13
tcorey

Detach referenced surface, save, close, re-start C3D, open drawing, reference surface again?

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 13
JeffCamarena

I have tried all of that. Nothing seems to work. I can label the existing surface in the surface drawing, but I cannot label the data referenced surface contours in the production drawing.

Message 7 of 13
Jeff_M

Is the data referenced surface set to display the contours? Can you post the 2 drawings?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 13
tcorey

Can you reference a different surface and successfully label that?

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 9 of 13
SkipBurns

I have typically found this to happen when a layer is frozen/off.  Don't forget that multiple layers control the display of Civil 3D objects (the object layer, the display layer in the style, and often layer 0)

Message 10 of 13
JeffCamarena

Every layer is on and thawed. I have attached a screenshot of the surface and the drawing with the surface referenced in. I tried data referencing another surface (Surface B) from another job (Job B), and I could not label that surface (Surface B) in the production drawing (Job A) either. But, Surface B can and is data referenced into, and labeled, in Job B production drawings.

Message 11 of 13
dgordon

does promoting the surface into the current drawing allow you to label the contours?

can you post a copy of the drawing in question with just the offending surface in it?

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 12 of 13
jmayo-EE

Waht version are you using? Do you have all the appropriate updates installed?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240698

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
JeffCamarena

Thanks everyone. I got it to work. I think the drawing was corrupt. I opened a new drawing and copied everything over, and now it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report