AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Brian Hailey
Message 11 of 11 (34 Views)

Re: Contour Labels

04-08-2004 09:25 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Hi Matt, Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion would probably work if I didn't want to display my major contours (every fifth) different then the minor contours. I suppose the command I'm trying to duplicate in Civil3D is the Terrain->Contour Labels->Group Interior. This command allows you to place labels on the contours at specified elevation intervals along a line. Brian "Matt Blanchard" wrote in message news:40742c5f$1_2@newsprd01... > Brian, > > In the Surface Style on the Contours tab set your major contour interval to > twice your minor contour interval. For example if your minor contour > interval is 2 set your major to 4. Then go to the Add Contour Labels > command and in the Create Contour Label toolbar turn off minor contour > labels ( this is on the second button menu in from the right end of the > toolbar) then proceed with your labeling. Right now you have to turn the > minor labels off every time you restart the Add Contour Labels command. That > is a bug. > > I think this is the way it should work because usually I want to label just > my index contours or all of them. Maybe most people don't work that way. Let > me know if this isn't satisfactory. > > Laurie Comerford's and wfb's suggestions will work and are quite simple to > implement once you have set up an appropriate contour label style in your > .dwt. > > Matt Blanchard > Civil Test Development > Autodesk > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:40699922_2@newsprd01... > > Hello all, > > > > Is there a way to have a contour label line label every other contour > rather > > than every contour it crosses? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Brian > > > > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!