Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Labels

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
randybrowning
840 Views, 10 Replies

Contour Labels

With contours in the 3000 elevation range, I need it to show like it's in the 10's.  Example, a 3012 contour needs to read 12.  Any easy edits to the label style? 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
troma
in reply to: randybrowning

Create an expression to subtract 3000 from your elevation.  Then use the expression value in the label.

If you want to get more fancy, you can set it up to always show in the tens, no matter what elevation range you are in.  That takes a little thinking the expression.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 11
randybrowning
in reply to: troma

Can you give me a little more info on creating an expression within the style?

Message 4 of 11
troma

contour expression.PNG

Mark Green

Message 5 of 11
randybrowning

Thanks, it worked like a charm.  Never used expressions before.

Message 6 of 11
troma

You're welcome.  And that reminds me, I see this is your first conversation here, so I should have said Welcome to the board!

You can do a lot more in there too, expressions can get very deep.  I use one on feature lines that will display the elevation in the tens no mater what the actual elevation is.  Could be in the hundreds, thousands etc.

Please use the 'Accept as solution' button on the post that answered your question so that others can also quickly find answers.  Thanks!

Mark Green

Message 7 of 11
randybrowning

I normally figure things out myself, but the expression thing is new to me.  I've seen it but never bothered to learn about it.

Message 8 of 11
jodor

I had the same question as this post and am also new to expressions. I think I have the expression written correctly, how do I use it as the label?

Message 9 of 11
troma
in reply to: jodor

I hope you gave the expression a good name. Do you know what it is called?
Go into your label style text editor, and the expression will be there in the drop-down along with all the other properties that you can add to the label.

Mark Green

Message 10 of 11
jodor
in reply to: jodor

Nevermind... I figured it out! The post was helpful though, Thanks!

Message 11 of 11
jodor

Thanks, I figured that out and then just saw your post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report