Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contour labels vanish on rebuild

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
annw2
232 Views, 1 Reply

contour labels vanish on rebuild

I have contours from a corridor merged into a full surface.

I labeled the contours, then had to rebuild the corridor after the profile changed.

The contour labels all vanished and had to be redone.

Can anyone explain?

While surface contours work well for roadway corridors with few intersecting roads.  I am not finding them to be useful for parking lots.  I am thinking I will have to go back to the extract all contours from model and neaten them up for acceptable graphic presentation, then label them using the label line function and pray they don't change.  i.e. old LDD work flow.

The automatic outside boundary also does not work well when updating parameters and rebuilding.  The old fashioned LDD boundary from polyline seems to work better most of the time.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: annw2

The ContourLabelLine's are probably set to not display. You will get contour labels wherever these lines cross a contour line. If the surface changes sufficiently such that the ContourLabelLine(s) no longer cross a contour, no labels will be displayed.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report