Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour labels leave dashes when frozen

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jon
Enthusiast
701 Views, 6 Replies

Contour labels leave dashes when frozen

I have a drawing with two viewports. One needs to show topography. The other does not. When I freeze the surface layer in the second viewport, the contour lables leave behind a dash. It's on layer 0 so I can't VP freeze without losing other things. 

Where do these dashes come from? They aren't a visible part of the contour label. They only show up when the surface is on a frozen layer. The only purpose they serve is to show where a contour label would be if the surface wasn't frozen.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: jon

8-1-2013 11-14-57 AM.pngChange to false

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

In the settings tab right click surfaces - edit feature settings and change this variable to false in template and they will be off by default.8-1-2013 11-18-02 AM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 4 of 7
jon
Enthusiast

Thanks dmartin. That's a little better than my workaround. I created a plot style with screening at 0. I called it NOPLOT. I was able to overide the plot style by selecting all of the contour lables. With your method, They're off the screen too. Much better.

Is there a way to make that default for the surface label style?

Message 5 of 7
DaveM

Jon,

Yes, on the settings tab of the toolspace right click on surface. Choose the options "Edit Feature Settings" Find the title Contour labeling defaults and expand, choose false for Display contour label line.

Note: this is not a style setting it is a setting held in the dwg and should be changed in the template you use.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 6 of 7
jon
Enthusiast

Got it. Thanks for the help. 

Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: jon

If you've been given a solution, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the individual post. This will help others to find solutions to their problems too!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report