Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour labels disappear when I explode.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2767 Views, 12 Replies

Contour labels disappear when I explode.

I am running 2012.  When I explode my contour labels, (trying to explode to TEXT) they disappear.  This happened a couple times friday, not its happening all the time today.  What can I do???

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

Why do you want to explode them?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

I am creating 2000 dxf files.  I created a surface, annotated the contours,  I need those contour labels but they need to be dumbed down to text.  I've been doing this with 2011 for many days.

Message 4 of 13
GZE
Advocate

Try this command eceobjexplode, then save the file as dxf

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: GZE

nope

Message 6 of 13
Jeff_M

DO the contour label styles have Background masking turned on? Perhaps the Hatch (which is what the mask explodes to) is hiding the text?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

nope, contour masking is turned off, but just to be sure, I have checked, there are no hatch's in the drawing and the text isn't hidden behind anything.

Message 8 of 13
peterfunkautodesk

Make sure that you explode both the surface and the labels at the same time. If you just explode the surface then the labels will be erased (because the thing they labeled no longer exists). If you select both the labels and the surfaces at the same time then the labels are exploded before the surface and the text will be retained. I just tried this in 2012.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I wasn't exploding the surface at all.  It's a pretty huge surface, I am using surface>utilities>extract objects from surface, but you can only extra contours, boundry and triangles.  

it just seems like 2012 wants to be massaged a different way than 2011.

Message 10 of 13
peterfunkautodesk

they both work the same when it comes to this. If you extract the contours from the surface then you get just the contours as polylines. If you want to export both the contours and labels then you need to explode the surface and the labels to get polylines, text and solid hatches that are the masks for the text.

I would do this is a copy of the design drawing.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13

After re reading your first post... Is the text hidden by the hatches after you explode the block the labels are added to?

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 13

I have the same problem. Om one road side with surface label acts us i expect. But with same style in oposite surface it disappears suddenly if i explode or anything else.

It consumes lots of time and no answer way.

Message 13 of 13
kenneth238

press ctrl+L   enter

press x   enter

choose "no" about disregarding drawing order.

KENNETH T GUILLERMO
Geodetic Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report