Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Label Questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hanshil
233 Views, 3 Replies

Contour Label Questions

Two questions on contour labels:
1. They're showing ok in both MS & PS, but when I plot the drawing (either to my hp plotter or to adobe acrobat) the labels show up as filled rectangles colored by layer. How do I get the number to plot rather than a wipeout?

2. The labels show up with three places after the decimal in precision (i.e. 2400.000). How do I change the precision level so that I show the elevation to the even foot.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gene
in reply to: hanshil

For Contours. You need to edit your Style for your Surface Object. When you adjust the Text Format in your style, make sure you press the blue arrow button to push the new format into the layout box.

Also for other areas that have precision values.

In your Tool Space. Go to the Settings Tab.
Under your combo-box go to the Master View or Active Drawings View, either works.

Then you right click on the drawing name in the list. Then select Edit Drawing Settings. Next you go to the Ambient Settings Tab.

The last step is to find the correct Property tree to open, i.e. Unit-less or Dimensions, etc. All of them have a Precision value. Most default to 3 decimal places.

Hope this helps.
http://cadstandard.net

http://civil3dstyles.net
Share your styles if you have them.
Creating Standardization through association. Message was edited by: genegladden
Message 3 of 4
hanshil

thanks - I think I'm closer but I'm still struggling with both. I adjusted the precision in elevation, unitless and dimension settings but the contour labels still show 3 places. I messed with the mask setting on the contour label style and got the number to show in the plot rather than the mask, but I now have the contour running through the label. Can I set the mask color to transparent somehow? The help talks about changing the print order but I can't figure out how to set it for the labels vs masks themselves.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

hanshil wrote:
> thanks - I think I'm closer but I'm still struggling with both. I
> adjusted the precision in elevation, unitless and dimension settings
> but the contour labels still show 3 places. I messed with the mask
> setting on the contour label style and got the number to show in the
> plot rather than the mask, but I now have the contour running through
> the label. Can I set the mask color to transparent somehow? The help
> talks about changing the print order but I can't figure out how to
> set it for the labels vs masks themselves.

That's because the drawing settings have no bearing on individual label
precision - that has to be set up in the label style composer. Make
sure to press the blue arrow...

--
Jason Hickey

Civil 3D 2007, SP3
Dell Precision M70
2 GIG RAM, 256 MB nVidia Quadro FX Go1400
Intel Centrino 2 gHz Processor

www.civil3d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report