Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Label Precision

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Desirea-ARE
202 Views, 6 Replies

Contour Label Precision

I am having difficulty finding the part of the style that will allow me to label my contours to two decimal places. Could someone please help me with this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Desirea-ARE

Inspector Clouseau would have problems finding some of these style
change-um-abobs. Try this: from the menu. Surfaces -> Labels -> Add
Contour Labels (select surface) -> In the create Contour Labels there are
some "disguised" contour label icons, click on them and you are on your own.

Bill

wrote in message news:4921925@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am having difficulty finding the part of the style that will allow me to
label my contours to two decimal places. Could someone please help me with
this?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

You can change the decimal precision using the label style composer for the contour label type.
In the Prospector Settings tab, expand the Surface collection, the Label Styles folder, and then the Contour folder. Select the contour label style, right-click and click Edit. In the Label Style Composer, select the Layout tab. In the Text property group, click the Contents field and click the ellipsis to open the Text Component Editor. For the Surface Elevation Properties, you will see a Precision modifier, which you can change to your required precision.

Regards,

Jonathan Burgoyne,
Autodesk
Message 4 of 7
mbcastle

Did you note just how many steps you have to go through to simply set the precision of contour labels? Anyway, somehow I managed to follow your directions and changed the precision as described. However, when I click OK and then go right back into the Text Component Editor box the precision is right back to three decimal places. What gives?

-Mark
Message 5 of 7
nzeeben

Jonathan forgot one critical item. You have to hit the insert update button. See the attached image. Highlight the exisiting value on the right as shown, change the precision value, then press the little blue arrow to apply the changes. I will grant you the fact that it took a few step to change the contour precision, but the idea behind the styles is you establish what you need once then reuse over and over again from one project to the next. In the ideal world once a style is created you shouldn't have to go back and change or create it ever again.
Message 6 of 7
mbcastle

Thanks for posting that additional information. I had finally figured the same thing out on my own and was going to add to my previous post but you beat me to it. I agree about the concept behind the styles and other new features. I can see how this is going to work nice once you get everything set up. I'm just wondering where I'm going to find the time to get this all figured out and still meet my production deadlines!

-Mark
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Don't we all!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report