Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contextual Ribbon Command Pick Question

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ThomasGlidewell
440 Views, 12 Replies

Contextual Ribbon Command Pick Question

Quick question about the Contextual ribbon... When i select let's say a feature line...the contextal ribbon comes up.. nice.. the problem is when i go to pick on a command in the ribbon it is making pick on the command twice before it allows me to proceed. Any thoughts..

Civil 3D 2012 all sp's etc...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

I've had this issue for a couple releases now and still haven't figured it out.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
SethHall

Hi Thomas-

I am unable to reproduce this. One click initiates the command without issue.

Have you migrated a custom CUIX from an earlier version?

Does it happen with all commands from the contextual ribbon?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 13

Contextual Ribbon Double Click Problem

Yeah it happens with all commands any entities... I know it has to be something simple but just dont know what it is yet.. I have several users who are starting to notice this and myself.. really kind of annoying.. Check out the link to the short video i created.

Thanks

Message 5 of 13
SethHall

Thank you for the video, although I still cannot reproduce this. I am running a completely stock installation.

What customizations have you made?

Are you running any 3rd party add-on?

Try a stock CUIX and ARG and see if the results are the same.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 13
ThomasGlidewell
in reply to: SethHall

Switched back to the outta the box arg and it seems to work correctly.. so i am assuming that it some variable that is being set with the arg i am created and have my users applying.. just which one???

Thanks for the advice... almost there...

Message 7 of 13
SethHall

My guess would be the Main Customization file you are pointing to in the FILES tab. Could you compare the CUIX you have set in your custom ARG to the stock ARG? Stock should be C3D.CUIX located here:

C:\Users\<<USER NAME>>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2013\enu\support\

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 8 of 13
dasindog

I've had this problem since 2012, albeit worse in 2013. I haven't been able to track down a cause though. I have unloaded all custom CUIs and tested with ribbon context select off. Nothing seems to change it and at this point I am just in the habit of clicking everything twice. Annoying but not so bad that it keeps me from working.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 9 of 13
ThomasGlidewell
in reply to: dasindog

I have found one user who doesn't have this problem.. He did import an .arg file that i created when i did some changes a couple weeks ago.. I exported his arg and imported into mine and now it works...???? So where could this be held... since it didn't affect his contextual ribbon when he imported the arg file but did affect others.??

Thanks

Message 10 of 13
SethHall

I went through the stock ARG file and wasn't able to find anywhere that would affect this function. Not really sure how it ended up this way, but I am glad it is now working.

If it begins to happen again try to make note of any changes to your system, installation, hardware, updates, scans/cleaners, etc. that may have occured during that time period. That may provide some clues as to why or what happened.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 11 of 13
ThomasGlidewell
in reply to: SethHall

Technically it is working but i have several users that are affected by this and i don't want them to have to update thier stuff for this one little problem. There has to be a toggle or variable some where that holds this... ??? 

Werid.. And Thanks to everyone for you help.. Maybe in the future?

Message 12 of 13

If you have both arg files, you could have a look through them and compare the various bits and pieces.

Make a copy of them before having a look, then open them in notepad. The first part (of the one I have here anyway) is a registry file which stores all the settings for a profile that gets placed in the registry. The second and third parts are XML files which store the user interface settings like the ribbon, tool pallettes etc.

If you copy the various parts of the two arg files into seperate new notepad documents, you can compare them using a file comparer or other program to check which settings are different. Be aware thought there is lots of info in the arg file, so you might be looking for a while, plus you might find heaps of settings different that have nothing to do with your issue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 13 of 13
dalemccoy

I started having this problem too (I am using C#D2013) and started looking into settings after finding your post. I seem to have fixed mine by right clicking on screen, selecting Options, Selection tab,click Contextual Tab States... I then changed my setting under Contextual tab display to "Show on double-click, hit ok. Tried clicking a couple of features and it changed so I had to double click the item to get the contextual tab to display. Went back into the same location under options, changed it back to "Show on single-click" hit ok. When I selected my item(s) it started to work properly again. I can now select an item and single click the ribbon to start the command I want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report