Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction Site gradings

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
101 Views, 0 Replies

Construction Site gradings

I'm trying to design gradings on a construction site for residential development, and I run into problems concerning multiple gradings, and what to do when the first grading doesn't surround the entire site.
For a visual description of the site, check out the attachment.
The 1. grading is through rock (500% cut, no fill). There is no problem designing this grading, but the following grading will be problematic since in a little part of the site (red ring) the rock level is actually lower than the theoretical level. You will then have no cut, but you will not have any fill either, since you would like to have a clean rock surface.
The 2. grading goes through soil from the daylight of the rock grading to the ground surface at 50%. There is then a problem since the feature line representing the rock daylight line does not include all of the site.
My question is therefor: How should I build up my project so the design of the gradings equals the gradings in real life??
I also got the problem that C3D i crashing when I'm trying to build gradings from the daylight of another grading. How can I avoid this?
Does anyone have any advice for how to build my gradings successfully?

Trond

Software:
Windows XP Pro
Civil 3D 2007 SP3
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report