Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant slope

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
MonkeyTrainer
597 Views, 11 Replies

constant slope

i am doing a notch & widen. i have 2 subassembles defining the lane from the centerline to the curb. when i have an alignment on the edge of pavement with a profile, the whole lane does not elevate. it only elevates the second subassem. i would like from the CL to the edge of pavement to "superelevate". instead, its like a broken lane. see picture for clarification. its not a constant slope from "CL" to "EOP". the slope is "broken" at "N".

thanks, 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

On the construction tab "Parameter reference" of the assembly you can tell sub 1 to get cross slope from sub 2

parameter reference.PNG

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 12
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

i see what your saying, and found where i need to change all of it, but cant get it to work. say the "left" subassem. is A and the "right" is B. which one do i need to tell to get the slope from? it seems even if i change one, two, or both it still doesnt want to change my cross slope in my sections. i am using lanesuperelevationAOR on one side, and a link on the other trying to get it to work.

thanks,

Message 4 of 12
Joe-Bouza

You say you have a profile controling the sub at the EOP - is the target asigned in the corridor?

Lets confirm a naming convention here. working from the CL left:

The link is :A

The pavement is B

The curb and SW is : C

I have only done this assigning A to B, but in theory it should work.  nope. I cannot get an assigment to the inside assembly. Sorry

If you want it to act as one, why two peices?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 12
MonkeyTrainer

ok, thanks. because this is a notch and widening. we are cutting the existing road and then widening it. the existing road is "under" my link.

thanks,

Message 6 of 12
Joe-Bouza

Thats what I thought you were doing, but if so how can you rotate back to the crown?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 12
MonkeyTrainer

thats my problem. i cant get a constant slope out of two lane subassem. with a profile on the edge of pavement. it seems this is going to be difficult and im going to have to create yet another profile. maybe we are missing something. thanks for helping.

Message 8 of 12
Joe-Bouza

maybe we aren't on the the same page?

you say you are widening from the edge but want to rotate about the crown? that would require replacing to the crown, No?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 9 of 12
MonkeyTrainer

we are widening the whole road. we cut the edge of the existing road off, and lay a couple inches of asphalt over the existing road to smooth out the whole process. since we are adding the couple inches to the centerline, its above the existing road. i would like to rotate the whole thing from the center out to the new edge of asphalt. the "link" in my assembly represents where the existing lane is. the new lane subassem. represents the widening. i have a profile grade at the edge of pavement because its not a constant slope. i am trying to have the whole lane, from centerline to edge of asphalt adjust to the profile along the edge of asphalt, but what happens is my "link" is staying at the defined slope. then, my widening lane adjusts to the profile, as seen in the picture. thats why it kind of looks like a "V". both subassem.'s are not "rotating" as one to the profile elevation at the edge of asphalt. let me know if this clears it up, or if you need another screen shot of something.

thanks,

Message 10 of 12
Joe-Bouza

You know there are rehab assemblies for that, right?

I just did the very same thing. I prefer to use the OM&L2 and attach a lane suupe AOR and assign the cross slope from the OML2.

So instead of trying to develop a profile for all that to happen the OML2 takes care of it

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 11 of 12
MonkeyTrainer

ok i found it. i can only get the right side of the assembly. i want to use OW&MS1 is my best fit. how do i do the left side? it wont even let me mirror the thing! its only for the right side!

Message 12 of 12
Joe-Bouza

I highly recommend using OML2 but if you must.

the insert point offest + - gets it to the left or right side. study the subassembly help. Its vague but somewhat helpful

sample offset =0 = crown point / alignment (profile optional)

insert offset = the +- distance to you saw cut line

Here is my warning with this sub assemby: you cannot control the eop with a profile it : widen"Match"Slope thats what it does. Being you have a curbed edge that may or maynot workout for you depending on the existing condition grade.

Using the OML2 with a SuprAOR attached gives you flexibility with the eop via profile

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report