Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Materials to Assemblies

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
lohrmach
214 Views, 0 Replies

Connecting Materials to Assemblies

I set up my Materials in Analyze --> Volumes and Materials --> Compute Materials.

I created my own Material Selection Styles too by selecting hatching I wanted for each of my materials and No Shading for Subgrade.

Do I need to do this separately for every alignment or can I copy one Materials setup to another alignment?  How?

What are subcriteria for?

I went to Civil 3D Help on

Understanding Point, Link, and Shape Codes

to find info about Structures. Calculates the volume of one or more corridor shapes (as defined by the shape codes that are used to define the corridor). For information about shape codes

because I have custom subassemblies.  My typical x-sec is a Dike with a geogrid top and back slope, the river side has large rip rap underlaid with a bedding stone.  At the bottom of the river side rip rap slope, there is a toe of excavated material replaced with existing rip rap.  I used a LinkMulti object to create the trapezoidal-like shape of the toe protection, pavement, shoulder or general sections to make the geogrid, riprap, and bedding stone pieces.  I want to connect these to the Materials I defined to get quantities.

This is particularly important because I want to calculate excavation for the Toe object separately and I am extending the Geogrid on the back slope so the cross-sectional length needed varies throughout the design.

I should probably attached a picture of my Assembly.  I am also comparing 2 assemblies: one that runs on the dike centerline.  The only runs on the Top of Bank Right.  Doing that in 2 different sites.

Lohrmach
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report