Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Corridor

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
875 Views, 40 Replies

Connecting Corridor

Dear all,

I need some help with the following issue: 

01.png

I would like to have the corridor (1) connected to (2).

(2) is my Exisiting Surface -0.05m. 

This is a screenshot of a part from the overview. I can make an alignment there, but how do I connect the corridor(the bottom) with that alignment?

02.png

Hope somebody can help me, 

Thanking you in advance,

Lex 

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The corridor is working fine, but after adding the 'basic lane sub assembly' it's random adding the 'Basic Lane' somewhere. 

Edit: i misclicked ' Solution ' by your post. 

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I will try to explain the situation in one post: 

This is my corridor/assembly in section view. 

On the right you see a corridor (marked point)

01. Corridor.png

This is my assembly:

01. Assembly.png

Corridor in object viewer: 

02. Corridor.png

What I want: 

- Connect a lane from my existing assembly with a thickness of 0.10m to the marked point. 

Why I want that:

- My current assembly is matching my EG surface (top cyan) on 7.5m from the centerline now on either the right or the left side. (this is good)

Lex 

Message 23 of 41
Joe-Bouza

Never use a sub-assembly with the word "basic" in it

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 41
Joe-Bouza

I fixed that for you.

Again : avoid using assemblies with the word basic in them. If you look at help for any of them you will see the disclaimer on top that they "are for educational and demonstration purposes..."

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 25 of 41
Joe-Bouza

Like I say the marked point is not my bag, but I think you may not need to use that.

attacath the "LaneSuperelevationAOR" to you OMII (set the top to the thicknes and all other parameters to very small number 0.00001 - don't use zero. Create an alignment, feature line or polyline to the offsett point and target tho AOR eop to that line

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous

01. Problem.png

I think the idea is good, the problem is still the the 'start' of the sub-assembly is randomly.. 

edit:  Maybe im doing something wrong here:

02. Overview.png

Message 27 of 41
Joe-Bouza

it appears to me you put the assembly on the left side of the OMII and are targeting the right side of the road? and you will want a verticle trarget too; EG along the offset alignment

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous

I attached it to the right side of my assembly. I am targeting the right side of my corridor 

Message 29 of 41
Joe-Bouza

That is not what your section shows.

Lets clarify: the right side is percieved looking up station, yes?

Your section clearly shows the sub starting on the left side?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 30 of 41
Anonymous

Funny thing is, if I attach it to the left side, it works fine. 

(this is attached to both side in section view)

01111.png

I found the problem i will post it in a sec. 

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous

This type of sub-assembly OverlayMillAndLevel2 doesn't use a profile to form it's shape in the corridor/section view. By changing the parameters in this sub-assembly, the corridor will change(not matching the assembly). When I add anything to the outer side of the subassembly, it will not follow this outer part in my corridor/section view:

Example: 

011.png

Message 32 of 41
Joe-Bouza

Correct the MOII does not support profile of the outter edge. what is it exactly is the peice you are adding? And what parameters in the OMII are you changing?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous

I've added the SuperElevationLane subassembly. I want it to match to my alignment. (which is not in my model yet)

The parameter I'm changing is the minimum clearance.. 

Maybe there is a different way to accomplish my needs:

01. Situation.png

0.00 to 7.50m I want to target the EG surface under 1,5% (right now it is good) 

7.50m to 15.30m I want to target the EG surface. (this is what is not working)

Maybe I can get my levels from the centerline from this corridor surface and use them to make a profile. Then make an assembly to (lane) with 1,5% (width 7,5m) and 1% (width 7.8m, this slope has to change automaticly since the 15.30m EG level is differently in the sections) to 15.30m.

Is there an easier way? I'm a little lost.  

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous

anyone?

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous

How does the OverlayMillAndLevel2 determines it's longitudinal slope if it's not using a profile? 

Message 36 of 41
Joe-Bouza

It follows EG at the crown point

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 37 of 41
Joe-Bouza

@Anonymous wrote:

This type of sub-assembly OverlayMillAndLevel2 doesn't use a profile to form it's shape in the corridor/section view. By changing the parameters in this sub-assembly, the corridor will change(not matching the assembly). When I add anything to the outer side of the subassembly, it will not follow this outer part in my corridor/section view:

Example: 

011.png

I'm not convinced this is wrong. I think you have a piculiar code set style setting that may be confusing us.

Is not the red line your corridor surface? Earlier  you stated you were holding 1.5% min and the top of the grey shape is way steepr that that. And what are the yellow lines? If I had to guess ( and I do have to guess) the red line is the top of your corridor, the triangualr area made by the two yellow lines are the milling and the area between the red and yellow is the overlay. Therfore, the outsidesure sub is correctly connected to the top of the overlay.

One thing you can do with the super peice is get the cross slope to match the overlay slope: in the construction tab of the assemble properties you can pick the cross slope pop down to get the cross slope from the overlay sub. I'm not in from of c3d right now and im not 100% sure of the pop down but its in there

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous

Thanks for your answers. I'm still testing it. 

One more thing, any idea why my top corridor looks like this? 

01. Corridor.png

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous

01. Problem.png

Left side is working good now. Right side is still strange. Can't find why it's attaching like this. 

What could cause this? 

Message 40 of 41
Joe-Bouza

I would have to see the corridor / assembly/ targets et -al

can you post the file?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report