Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Volume Tables

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
586 Views, 6 Replies

Connect Volume Tables

Hi. I have 4 corridors on same alightments (pics1). I created materials for each corridors (pic2). Then I created multiple section view for each corridor (pic3) ( for all corridors in section view table tab, i added corridors own materials). but cumulative material volume reset to zero at each new corridors begining. In my project, corridors cumulative material volume value should continue from the previous corridor's value. Can i connect this volume tables or can i merge corridors ? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears that you have 5 corridors, why?  Perhaps start over and make one corridor, one alignment.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

there are 4 intersections in project. i made them at first then stretched end. after all, i got 5 corridors and 1 alightments.

Can i merge corridors? Can i connect materials volume table or i have to make 1 corridor ?

Message 4 of 7
sboon

You cannot combine the materials from separate sample line groups, but if they're all sampled along the same alignment then you should be able to create a material list that includes data from multiple corridors.

Assuming that you've created a surface for each corridor then you'll need to create two materials for each.  For the first corridor you would have a Cut1 and a Fill1 material comparing EG to the corridor surface.  The second corridor would have its own pair of materials etc.  When you produce the volume tables or reports all of the Cut materials will be combined as will the Fill materials.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

thanks sboon but i already did them and i have no problem with "total tables".. i have problem with section view tables (next to section view) (pic4). you can see how i created them at pic2 . in this table, cumulative material volume reset to zero at each corridors beginning

Message 6 of 7
sboon

I can't tell from your pictures how your structure type materials are defined.  In mine I have one Pavement material set up to include both the Pave1 and Pave2 sections from both of the corridors along my alignment.  I did the same for the Base and SubBase quantities.  My section view quantity tables are working correctly and don't reset to zero at the start of the second corridor.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

i added all corridors materials separately. thats my wrong 🙂 . thank you very much for your help. it's exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report