Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing when printing in a layout,

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JamaL9722060
954 Views, 4 Replies

I wanted to print my drawing in A4 with a scale of 1:500 knowing that my drawing unit is in meter.

1. When it comes to print this drawing without the lay out, it works fine and has no problem.

1. But as I attempted printing this drawing using the lay out I couldn’t manage it!!! The size of texts gets bigger!

In my case, what should I fill in the “layout printer scale” and “viewport scale” in order to print my drawing in A4 with a scale of 1:500.

Please have a look on the screenshots below. The dwg file is attached.

Best

Jamal

Clip_135.jpg

Clip_136.jpg

Clip_137.jpg

Clip_138.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Jamal, what you did when you changed the plot scals was to make the paper size 10 time bigger (or smaller i dont remember which). so what you need to do is leave the plot scale at 1:1 for a full size sheet, and change your viewport scale to 1:500.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Jamal,

Assuming your viewport is sized for the A4 sheet and the viewport is zoomed to 1:500, your units in the scale box should be 1:1.  So check your viewport size, check the zoom level in the viewport (click inside the viewport, type zoom,  enter 1/500xp, then lock the viewport).

I think that should do it.

-Rand

Message 4 of 5

Many thanks guys for the help,

Sounds not to work with me!

1. My paper size it A4
  2. My drawing unit is meter (so each one unit in my drawing represents 1 meter on the reality and thus each one unit in my drawing represents 1000 mm on the reality)
  3. I need to print my drawing in the A4 with a scale of 1:500

But what I get is big texts!

How can I manage this issue? The dwg file is attached in my previous post.

Clip_145.jpg

Clip_146.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 5 of 5

Hi Jamal,

One problem that you might be having is that because of your scale, the dynamic text is going to get very large.  I still think you mgiht have something messed up; in the plot window, everthing should be 1 (scale, mm, and units)

plot.PNG

Sorry, I wasn't able to open your cad file and check it out, I am running 2012.

Thanks,

Rand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report