Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed Defect - OverlayMillAndLevel2 Subassembly

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
fcernst
5315 Views, 20 Replies

Confirmed Defect - OverlayMillAndLevel2 Subassembly

I continue to find and stumble over defects in the software when trying to do real work with the software on a current road widening project.

This issue actually applies to both of the Milling subassemblies. These are arguably two of the most important subassemblies in Civil 3D for civil engineers, Marketed and purported to be able to handle Milling, Leveling and Overlay operations. It does not Mill and Level when holding a Profile, and it does not create the Shapes properly for display and Quantity reports.

What is most unacceptable as a Customer are two things here:

1) This issue was recognized by a customer 7 years ago in 2006, and no one responded to them. See the screen capture below.

2) In the email reply Autodesk states their priorities are based on getting NEW software releases out the door.  The reply goes on to say from Autodesk indicates a fix more than likely will not occur until a NEW release of the software.

This is a totally unacceptable behavior pattern from Autodesk Management in how they continue to treat Customers who have bought and paid for the software, and rely on it for their livelihood. They continue to bury the engineering application Known Defects, and put out new Releases of the software with these defects going unaddressed. 

We are heading close to our Preliminary design submittal deadline. I have spent a tremendous amount of time troubleshooting this issue, and it has negatively affected and comprimised our Project schedule.

This is our main Subassembly to be used on the project. We use the cross slope control and automatic tolerance calculations performed by the subassembly to create the design, and use the subassembly's reporting capabilities to create Milling, Leveling and Overlay Quantity reports.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

This person noted this defect in 2006...7 years ago!

MillCapture.JPG

jj

jj

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
dsimenic
in reply to: neilyj666

Very nice news. This functionality will be my first test when I install ver. 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report