Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration windows on startup & c3d.cuix error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jhuie
577 Views, 3 Replies

Configuration windows on startup & c3d.cuix error

Hello All.

I am currently using Civil3D 2015 Education Master Suite.   So I have successfully installed the software. But everytime I run the application under any user I keep getting:

Please wait while Windows configures autodesk message.  Then I get Customization file load failed.  File not found.  C:\users\xxxx\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2015\enu\support\c3d.cuix.

Our environment is Active Directory.  Our workstations are running Windows 7 x64. We have multiple students logging in.   Student user profiles are automatically deleted after they logoff.   Users have write access to the appdata folder.

Is there a way to prevent this message from coming up everytime a user logs in and launches the product.

Thank You

John Huie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: jhuie

All I can say is:

Did you confirm that the C3D.cuix file was located in that sub-directory?  If not you need one, I would think.  But since you are apparently using an Education version, most of us may not know.

Bill

There are other Forums that may be more useful, such as installation, etc.

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: jhuie

AutoDesk stores quite a bit of information under the Windows current user, both in the C:\users\... folders and in the registry.  Since this is being wiped clean (I'm assuming after log-off?) all that information is being removed as well.  So every single time the program thinks it has never been run for this user (and it is technically correct - any record of it is being erased).  The only way to stop this is to retain the Windows user profiles, along with any user-specific AutoDesk files like the Main CUIx.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: dgorsman

I agree. I also wonder what kind of registry bloating or errors could pop up by deleting the user profiles. We know the app will take a long time searching for resources like the C3D.cuix file that are not present.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report