Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConditionalHorizontalTarget Subassembly issue

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Jeff_M
1105 Views, 20 Replies

ConditionalHorizontalTarget Subassembly issue

This is driving me crazy! I have a fully modeled corridor for a 12 acre subdivision. The County plan checker now wants cross sections for every internal street...why, I have no idea, as the site is nearly level so every section is going to be just about identical. So i can cut the sections, no problem, and add 20 sheets or so to the plan set.

Enter the 'other' plan checker for the drainage and L.I.D. review. Now that there are sections, he's insisting on also showing any L.I.D. components in the sections where they occur (we have roadside bioretention below the sidewalk). For this I figur it will be fairly easy to add a ConditionalHorizontalTarget (set to only look 8') with the bioretention attached to it, select the layer with the plan view polylines indicating where those facilities are as the target, and I should have perfect sections! 

Wrong! While the targets are correctly used by the corridor, evidenced by the addition of frequency lines at the start and end of the selected polylines, the assembly only ever actually uses the Not Found scenario.What does one need to do to force it to use the Found option?

In this image, I first tried the layer option for the targets (the magenta rectangle) which failed to work correctly. I then drew a single polyline and manually selected it as the target, still no joy. I know the actual subs work, as I can change the property of the conditional sub to Not Found and the LID sub then shows. I'm getting down to the deadline on this and I've tried everything I can think of to beat this thing into submission. But since this is only the second time using these subs, I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere. Any help is appreciated!

9-15-2014 2-27-36 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
fcernst
in reply to: Jeff_M

This doesn't help because the target isn't visible. Show the target and its offset station in Plan view .

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report