Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Subassembly Problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
twillis004
604 Views, 8 Replies

Conditional Subassembly Problem

I made a simple conditional SA in the drawing linked here. my cut condition is working in the cross sections but I cannot get the fill condition to work. its simple, I just always want a ditch, whether, I'm in a cut or fill. 

I've played around with everything but am stumped. if anyone would like to take a look and give me advice I would appreciate it.

the Assembly can be viewed in the top left portion of the drawing.

C:\Documents and Settings\Todd Willis\My Documents\Dropbox (Willis Engineering). the drawing is Granville Base Map7

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: twillis004

Hello,

You have not posted your drawing, only your local path to the computer. We can't click on that from here. 😉

Have you put the ditch subassembly on both ends of the conditional subassembly?

__20141020.jpg

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
twillis004
in reply to: tcorey

Yes it is on both ends top and bottom if the conditional argument.

here is the link. i did it wrong on previous post. the drawing is too large to post directly

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bighkv4j34vdyrg/Granville%20Hills%20Base%20Map7.dwg?dl=0

Message 4 of 9
fcernst

BasicSideSlopeCutDitch does not create the ditch in a Fill condition. It just creates a Fill daylight slope.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 9
twillis004

Thanks. Do u know the solution to the issue
Message 6 of 9
fcernst

Add a ditch configuration after the Fill slope... I always like to have ditch profile and alignment controls for drainage design. 

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 7 of 9
twillis004
in reply to: fcernst

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bighkv4j34vdyrg/Granville%20Hills%20Base%20Map7.dwg?dl=0

I did that but as you can see it isnt working.  I added a daylightmax to the end of the conditional argument, then added a simple ditch to that. as you can see the ditch is not attaching to the daylight point at the bottom of the fill slope. its 10 feet off the connection point, which is the loop default. not sure why it wont connect to the daylight point. also, I can add a cut slope to the end of the ditch next, but if the end of the backslope of the ditch is above the target surface that isnt going to work. I really need the ditch to just daylight.

sorry, i been working on this for about 8 hours and i'm getting really fustrated

Message 8 of 9
tcorey

Perhaps you don't really need the daylight subassembly you're using. I used the LinkSlopetoSurface subassy from the Generic tab and it gives the result you're going for.

You asked why not just make the backslope of the ditch be the daylight. Don't use the ditch subassy you're using. Use LinkSlopeandVerticalDeflection (Generic) for the foreslope, LinkWidthandSlope for the bottom and LinkSlopetoSurface for the backslope. It doesn't appear you were trying to use the lined materials, right?

SectionView.png

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 9 of 9
twillis004
in reply to: tcorey

Yes, heres the answer. added link slope to surface, then link width and slope, twice, one for the foreslope, one for the bottom of the ditch, then added link slope to surface for the foreslope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report