Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Subassembly not working as it should?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Kenth_Kristoffer
410 Views, 1 Reply

Conditional Subassembly not working as it should?

Hello again, pics first:

The pink circle in the 2nd pic is on the same point. I separated them for illustration purposes.

I have set up conditional subassembly with this logic:

1 - Test cut 0 to infinity, if true build link 1m at -50% slope 

2 - Test cut 0 to 10.99, if true daylight to surface

3 - Test cut 10.99 to infinity, if true build link 7m at 100% slope, then another link, then daylight.

Why does some sections in my corridor appear as such on pic# 1?

As you can see the cut is less than 10.99 measured all ways posibble and yet it built the "10.99 to infinity" cond subassembly...

I tried both Civil 3D 2013 64bit and Civil 3D 2014.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: Kenth_Kristoffer

The conditional subassembly might be displayed with a slope but it actually tests by measuring vertically up or down from the point where it's inserted.  In this case you have >10.99 up to the existing ground surface at the bottom of your ditch.

BTW - it is possible to use this sub to do what you want.  You need to shift the test point out and up by 10.99 and then add two conditional subs to that location.  If that point is in cut then you shift back to the original location on the section and create the bench, or if it's in fill then you also shift back to the original location and proceed accordingly.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report