Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Grading Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karen.chalkley
565 Views, 4 Replies

Complex Grading Issue

Hi,

I am tring to grade a complex object. Please see the attached document. The two grading objects are not interfacing correctly when graded although i can get the surface almost correct i beleive. Is there a way to remove this issue or the grading will not create a lot of difference when computing the volume clacs ( we are talking volum computation roughly about a million cubic metres cutting).

Please let me know if more information is required.

Regards

J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
owenmull
in reply to: karen.chalkley

Couldnt open the file. Could you post as a .dwg?

Are you wanting the two gradings to interact with each other?

Did you create them in the same Site? Gradings in seperate Sites will not interact with each other, i.e. a grading in Site 1 remains unphased by a grading in Site 2.

A little more info would be nice, perhaps some pics, or the actual file itself.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Ok I see. Are you wanting the two gradings to seam together in the center?

What type of grading did you use? Grade to Surface? Distance?

That might not be your grading that is doing that, as your daylight line for both gradings is fluid, but that might be an issue with the surface you created. Change the Surface display settings to 'Contours & Triangles' and trim out those lines. 

When grading, there is an option to automatically create a surface, but I like to leave that unchecked and get my gradings just how I want them, and then, once I'm completely finished with grading, go in and add the necessary grading feature lines to my surface. Creates less clutter, and less confusion (for me anyway) in the drawing that way.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

Thanks for the reply.. Normally i use the grading for eartwork volume calculations. I use the existing surface as surface to grade against at a slope and sometimes the interface does not work and it makes mad.  It also takes a long time to grade must be the computer i am using although it has a 8gb ram, only have a core 2 duo processor which might be the problem.

Message 5 of 5
owenmull

That's your problem.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report