Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complex (and maybe pointless) corridor?

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
igi_pop
1075 Views, 21 Replies

complex (and maybe pointless) corridor?

Holo!

new on theese groups..

now, globaly, the object i modeled is simple. it's a simple plateau with a 1% inclination that cuts/fills where needed at a slope. that was easy. the tricky bit i'm trying to make out is this - on one side, there's a HUGE fill that will have to be constructed with the use of geotextile trought compressed layers. is there ANY reasonable way of modeling those layer, maybe displaying them in samples and calculating the amount of geotex used?

the drawing with the surface, profiles and the geotex layers (in it's thickest part) is in the attachment. ANY sugegstions, no matter how complex/simple are more than welcome and thanked for in advance 🙂

Lenovo ThinkCenter M920f; Win10pro x64; i5 9500 @3GHz; 16GB RAM; Radeon RX550X
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified ProfessionalAutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: igi_pop

WIthout making a new SA in SAC one way you could do this would be to extract the 1m contours from the corridor surface where you need the geotex. Then apply a formula to those lines to calculate the area.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 22

Can you elaborate as I'm not sure I understand this...??

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 22
tcorey
in reply to: neilyj666

Wouldn't this qualify as Lined Material, which you can specify in the Daylight Max Width subassembly?

After creating your pad line, turn the portion that is along this bank into an alignment and then use the Corridor design tools to accomplish your task. Using the Daylight Max Width subassembly will let you specify up to three lined material with thickness.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 22
sboon

This reminds me of the problems others have had with cut slopes that included benches.

Starting from the shoulder of the fill, test to see if fill is > 1.  If it is then use a generic link down 1m @ 1.25:1  Add another generic link horizontally into the slope to represent the geotextile.  If the fill height is < 1 then use a generic link to daylight down to the surface.

Once the assembly has built the first layer of geotextile then you want to repeat the process.  You could copy the same set of subassemblies, and chain them together.  In your case it looks like you'd need 14 copies to make this work.

You should be able to specify the geotex length for each level, and with some careful coding of the generic points and links I think that you can show them in sections, and calculate areas etc.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 22
sboon

OK I think that I have a drawing that will work for you.  It needs some more work to finalize your cross slope at the top of the fill, and to make things display correctly but I'm pretty sure that I've got the corridor to build according to your specifications.

Clipboard01.png

It shows featurelines at the back of the geotextile for each level.  I've used a default 4.5m for all of the embedment lengths but you may want to adjust for where the bottom sections intersect the existing ground.

Clipboard02.png

If you're interested then we can try to arrange for me to send you a copy of the file using ftp or some other method.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 22
igi_pop
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

OK I think that I have a drawing that will work for you.  It needs some more work to finalize your cross slope at the top of the fill, and to make things display correctly but I'm pretty sure that I've got the corridor to build according to your specifications.

Clipboard01.png

It shows featurelines at the back of the geotextile for each level.  I've used a default 4.5m for all of the embedment lengths but you may want to adjust for where the bottom sections intersect the existing ground.

Clipboard02.png

If you're interested then we can try to arrange for me to send you a copy of the file using ftp or some other method.

wow 🙂 i would give you 5 kudos for this 🙂 this is basicaly what i need. 14 layers of linen 😄

looks nice, and probably can be cut tu use just on this gigantic fill. i you can send it via e-mail or any other that would be great! thank you all very much, for now i will mark this as a solution 🙂

Message 8 of 22
sboon

Hopefully you can download it using this link.

Fill Slope with Geotex

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 22
igi_pop

@sboon wrote:

Fill Slope with Geotex

like a glove! 🙂 many thanks..will check it out soon 🙂

Message 10 of 22
igi_pop

@sboon wrote:

Fill Slope with Geotex

heh, you're on 2012 🙂 sooooo, no go for me...downloading enablers..

Message 11 of 22
sboon

Darn - now you'll have to recreate the assemby,  Which version are you using?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 12 of 22
igi_pop

2011. i don't mind recreating at all, there's always something to learn 🙂 it's just that i can't see most idems 🙂

Message 13 of 22
wfberry

I wonder how much trouble it would be to make this NG mandatory to fill out "My Settings" and have pertinent info included in the signature when a question is asked?

Bill

Message 14 of 22
igi_pop
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

I wonder how much trouble it would be to make this NG mandatory to fill out "My Settings" and have pertinent info included in the signature when a question is asked?

Bill

testing 🙂

Message 15 of 22
neilyj666

@sboon wrote:

Fill Slope with Geotex

This looks like it'd be useful for some things I'm doing at the moment but the link just crashes my browser......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 22
igi_pop
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

@sboon wrote:

Fill Slope with Geotex

This looks like it'd be useful for some things I'm doing at the moment but the link just crashes my browser......

right click -> save as

otherwise it opens it for viewing and crashes...

Message 17 of 22
neilyj666

That sorted it - thanks

EESignature

Message 18 of 22
sboon

Starting from the Assembly - Group 1
1) Marked Point
2) Attached to 1 - ConditionalCutOrFill sub named Fill<1 (1).  Type = Fill, Min = 0 Max = 1
3) Attached to 2 - LinkSlopeToSurface named Slope to Surface (1).  Slope = 80%, Point Codes = Daylight,Daylight_Fill, Link Codes = Top
4) Attached to 1 - ConditionalCutOrFill sub named Fill>1 (1). Type = Fill, Min = 1 Max = 9999
5) Attached to 4 - LinkWidthAndSlope named Slope (1).  Width = 1.25, Slope = -80%, Point codes = G1, Link Codes = Top
6) Attached to 5 -  LinkWidthAndSlope named Geotex (1), Width = 4.5, Slope = 0%, Point codes = G1, Link codes = Geotextile
7) Once you have all of this built then you need to select all of the subs from steps 2 - 6, right click and use the Copy To command.  The marker point you want to attach to is the one added in step 5 - you may need to use draworder to bring the correct sub to the front so that you can place the copies correctly.
😎 Now you need to renumber the point codes for the second level from G1 to G2.  I also edited all of the sub names to ______ (2) to make it easier to keep track of them.
9) Repeat steps 7 & 8 as many times as necessary.
10) Finalize the fill slope by copying one more LinkSlopeToSurface from step 3 to the end of the group.

Starting from the assembly - Group 2
1) ConditionalCutOrFill sub named CutTest. Type = Cut,  Min = 0 Max = 9999
2) Attached to 1 - LinkSlopeToSurface named CutSlope.  Slope = 80%, Point Codes = Daylight,Daylight_Cut, Link Codes = Top

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 19 of 22
igi_pop

@sboon wrote:

Starting from the Assembly - Group 1
1) Marked Point
2) Attached to 1 - ConditionalCutOrFill sub named Fill<1 (1).  Type = Fill, Min = 0 Max = 1
3) Attached to 2 - LinkSlopeToSurface named Slope to Surface (1).  Slope = 80%, Point Codes = Daylight,Daylight_Fill, Link Codes = Top
4) Attached to 1 - ConditionalCutOrFill sub named Fill>1 (1). Type = Fill, Min = 1 Max = 9999
5) Attached to 4 - LinkWidthAndSlope named Slope (1).  Width = 1.25, Slope = -80%, Point codes = G1, Link Codes = Top
6) Attached to 5 -  LinkWidthAndSlope named Geotex (1), Width = 4.5, Slope = 0%, Point codes = G1, Link codes = Geotextile
7) Once you have all of this built then you need to select all of the subs from steps 2 - 6, right click and use the Copy To command.  The marker point you want to attach to is the one added in step 5 - you may need to use draworder to bring the correct sub to the front so that you can place the copies correctly.
😎 Now you need to renumber the point codes for the second level from G1 to G2.  I also edited all of the sub names to ______ (2) to make it easier to keep track of them.
9) Repeat steps 7 & 8 as many times as necessary.
10) Finalize the fill slope by copying one more LinkSlopeToSurface from step 3 to the end of the group.

Starting from the assembly - Group 2
1) ConditionalCutOrFill sub named CutTest. Type = Cut,  Min = 0 Max = 9999
2) Attached to 1 - LinkSlopeToSurface named CutSlope.  Slope = 80%, Point Codes = Daylight,Daylight_Cut, Link Codes = Top

wow. i mean...wow, you relly went all out 🙂

gonna try it out! 🙂

Message 20 of 22
munkasir

Dear Steve

Very good work. I've read the code but it is not easy to exactly apply. It would be great help is your could arrnage the drawing of this assembly.

Zeeshan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report