Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Surfaces as a visual

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
trynders
454 Views, 4 Replies

Comparing Surfaces as a visual

Should be an easy question.  But I don't know the answer.

We will be doing some grading in a park with trees.  Probably maximum depth or fill of 12 inches.  The question has come up to be able to show cut and fill quantities as a visual shade of colors.  I have a way to display cut and fill ticks and it will give me the value, but that's not what they want.  I change the cut ticks to red and the fill ticks to green.  What is the best way to represent this like when you turn on slope percentages and assign different colors.  but I want like 0-2" fill to be red, 2" - 4" to be green, etc.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: trynders

I'm working with one now.

You need an Elevation Analysis performed on the surface not a slope analysis. You will also need a surface style that displays the elevation banding. Finally create a table style for the banding.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
trynders

Thanks.  I'll be trying it soon.

Message 4 of 5
trynders

John,

Thanks for the advice.  It's working well.  How do I get the cut and fill quantities to be placed in the drawing instead of just the panarama window.?  Is that a table you created?  Is it dynamic?

Thanks,

T

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

Select the surface, on the Ribbon click the Tables button. Follow the prompts on the command line to make a dynamic elevation table.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report