Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commandline in the corner and not movable

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
burt46
5383 Views, 14 Replies

Commandline in the corner and not movable

Hi,

I have the commandline in the upper left corner as a floating window which autohides. No idea how it happened. Its not clickable, dragable, nothing. If i reduce the C3D window it is still locked to the top left corner of the screen ontop of the windows desktop. COMMANDLINEHIDE doesn´t refresh the situation. I just want my commandline back on the bottom. HELP!!!

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Jeff_M
in reply to: burt46

Check that the display/toolbars are not locked, see the lock icon pointed to by the left arrow. If the lock is not visible, you can turn it on using the down arrow icon pointed to by the arrow on the right.

6-11-2012 2-47-23 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 15
antoniovinci

What about toggling CTRL-9 ..?

Message 4 of 15
burt46

Hi,

All my windows are unlocked and not docked. I tried the CTRL+9 option which is the same as COMMANDLINE and COMMANDLINEHIDE. Nothing seems to work. Here is an image of what my commandline looks like. It fades away after a few seconds. Any other ideas?

stupidcmdline.jpg

Message 5 of 15
burt46

Any ideas please??? Its driving me up the wall.

Message 6 of 15
wfberry

Perhaps until something better comes along, use the "F2" key.

Bill

Message 7 of 15
troma

Perhaps try holding down Ctrl key while trying to drag it.  Holding Ctrl alows you to drag a locked window/toolbar etc.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 15
burt46
in reply to: troma

With the F2 key i can resize the window but cant drag o even select it. Ctrl and drag doesn't work either. Think i need some help from an Autodesk employee.

Message 9 of 15
prodigymjb

Were you able to figure this out?  I have the exact same problem.  

Message 10 of 15
doni49
in reply to: prodigymjb

Can you give us a screen shot of your desktop?

Press PrintScreen (one of the keys normally found near your "Home", "Insert" keys amongst others).  This will put a picture of everything that's on your screen on your clipboard.  Now go into Paint (Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) and paste the image in then save it as a PNG file.

Attach the resulting image file to your message.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 15
prodigymjb
in reply to: doni49

screenshot attached

Message 12 of 15
jtelder

I "lost" my command line and this got it back. May work for you....

http://civil3dj.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/my-command-line-is-missing/

JT
Message 13 of 15

Just near the bottom at the ribbon click workspace switching > customize option. Left side of the window should have Civil 3D default (current) highlighted. And on right hand panel expand - palettes > command line and change the settings show -yes | orientation - bottom.

It will get it at the bottom of the screen as always.

Sahaj
Message 14 of 15

Thanks Sahaj
Just what I was looking for as well.
Message 15 of 15

You have made me a very glad person with this solution.

this solution is spot on. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report