Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMMAND TYPED IN DRAWING "A" IS ON COMMAND LINE OF DRAWING "B"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
carl
203 Views, 1 Reply

COMMAND TYPED IN DRAWING "A" IS ON COMMAND LINE OF DRAWING "B"

Lately while working in IDSP 2015 (recently installed), the C3D portion of the suite, i encounter a bug that is really bugging me. 

i will have several drawings open.  one is basefile that i refer to as "the xref" but will call it DRAWING A.  the others are sheet setups that have the xref attached and the labeling is added over that to show that part of the plan and profile in viewports in paperspace...DRAWING B, DRAWING C, ETC.  Standard stuff.

The issue is while working in one drawing, say DRAWING A, as i type the command on the command line i will notice the software behaving erratic.  no command on command line can be seen.  Now click over to DRAWING B which was NOT the active drawing and there is the command text showing up in that drawing.

if you hit escape in the drawing that has the command showing up and click the tab to return to DRAWING A, then you are back on track for a little while.

this also happens when working on DRAWING B OR C, the command shows up in another open drawing command line. This is happening to others in my office as well.

glitch, bug, does Autodesk know or care.....has anyone encoutered this?

Carl

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Civil3DReminders_com
in reply to: carl

I've seen weird behaviour when I have multiple drawings open where AutoCAD gets confused and then posts an error message indicating it doesn't now where it is in the UI. Not sure if Autodesk cares enough to fix this "defect" in a timely manner, unless you consider 6 months to a never a timely manner, then yes it will be corrected as soon as you expect.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report