Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command to raise/lower individual vertices on a 3D polyline?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3520 Views, 8 Replies

Command to raise/lower individual vertices on a 3D polyline?

I am having a total brain fart here. I have a 3D polyline that I created from a 2D polyline, and I need to turn it into a bore profile by lowering the vertices at set depths. When you grab a vertex on the 3D polyline, what do you have to type to change the Z value of that vertex? I completely cannot remember.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

I use the Properties Palette or the AeccEditFeatureElevs command.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Neither of those commands seem to do what I need to do. I thought you could just type in the change you wanted to make to the vertex Z axis, e.g. -3.5, but it won't let me do that.
Message 4 of 9
jmayo-EE

I would convert it to a feature line and use the editing commands as Jeff mentioned.

If you want to keep t a 3dpoly turn on your polar snap. Go to a 3D view and slect a vertex in the 3d view. Drag your cursor above or below the vertex so the polar snap line displays a z displacement and type in the elevation change in absolute value form. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I actually just found a way to do it via the 3D Data- Edit-Assign Polyline Elevations button on the menu bar of Carlson 2014. It allows you to go along a polyline vertex by vertex and edit the elevations- very handy!
Message 6 of 9
AllenJessup

If you turn it into a Featureline it's easy using the Elevation Editor. That has a function to Raise incrementally.

dw2.png

or use QuickEditFeatureElevs

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

When I put in "editfeatureelevs" and selected the polyline it was showing slope and grade in the options, I didn't even see where you adjusted elevation. Admittedly I haven't done much with feature lines though.
Message 8 of 9
AllenJessup

Hover over the FL and see the grade. Hover over a vertex and see the elevation. Click on the line to edit the grade or on the Vertex to edit the elevation. If you have Dynamic input on you can do it right on the screen.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
doni49

If you really want to keep it as a 3dPolyline, you can do that with the Acad Properties dialog (I just did it in 2012).

3dPolyLine_Properties.png

I drew a 3DPolyline (all vertices were at Elevation 0.0) and changed the elevation of several vertices.  Following is what the LIST command reports for that 3DPolyline now.

3dPolyLine_List.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report